The Pantone Color Institute provides color trend forecasting, color insights and customized color consulting. They help companies make informed decisions about color for their brands or products to gain a competitive edge.
Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director states, “This is a season of untypical colors- more reflective of the imagination and ingenuity, which makes for an artful collection of colors and combinations not bound by the usual hues for fall.”
What this says to me is that it is more that OK to combine colors that are not instantly associated with fall- browns, oranges and gold. So have at it- this will be the season to combine the unexpected.
- Winter white, black, aluminum and camel are the base colors
- White and black in graphic prints
- Greens from jade to shamrock
- Blues from cornflower to cobalt
- Rich reds, sangria and pretty pinks
- Many shades of purple and orchid
- Winter pastels combined with earth tones
- Bright colors in combination with the base colors
What new color combinations are you going to try this season?