A Guide to Color Blocking
Color blocking is the trend of the season where you combine solid colors in unusual combinations to create bold and striking looks. It’s a great way to change up your current clothing and accomplish an “edgier” look.
- Solid colored and simple designs work best: ankle pants, jeans, pencil skirts, tees or silk shirts, etc.
- Let your imagination go wild and be creative: pink & orange, turquoise & lime, purple & yellow or similar colors like light blue & bright blue will work
- If these strong combinations leave you “queasy”, use your accessories as the accent
- The easiest way to color block is to find clothing with the color block already in the design
- To calm your bright combinations add one of your neutrals to connect you to your outfit
- This look is economical- once the trend is kaput- you still have great pieces of clothing that can be combined differently
Questions? Ask us- we are happy to help you find your best “color block” combinations.