BUILD A HOLIDAY CAPSULE WARDROBE
I always start out with basics that are already in my wardrobe: slim black pants and either a black top or a simple blouse. If black is not your cup of tea, select a dark neutral- gray or navy will work well. Then let’s start to build:
- A great pair of earrings: remember that at a party most people only see your neck and face. Gold and silver together or something with Swarovski crystals.
- Velvet: a scarf, dressy top or velvet leggings look great not only for holidays but for the whole winter- velvet is sumptuous.
- Hosiery: if you are wearing a simple black skirt fancy hose or tights can really look sassy
- Blouses: satin or satin like blouses look elegant.
- Scarves: wear scarves with gold or silver threads embroidered in the weave.
- Necklaces: a sparkly necklace works much the same as the sparkly earrings- it takes a simple look up a notch.
- Sweaters: a simple cashmere sweater is a boost to your wardrobe regardless of the season.
- Color: a bright pink, red, teal or purple pop of color will transform your neutrals.
- Animal prints: a cute shoe, scarf or animal print cardigan can add punch to your classics.
- Faux fur: Faux fur jackets and vests will elevate plain jeans.
- Rehearse your outfits and then you will have everything ready when the invite comes.
Now of course you don’t want to wear everything at once, but adding some of these touches will add panache to your holiday wardrobe; and you won’t be either over-dressed or under-dressed.