COLORS FOR SPRING 2020
“Combining our desire for stability, creativity, and more spontaneous design approaches, the color palette for Spring/Summer 2020 infuses heritage and tradition with a colorful youthful update that creates strong multi-colored combinations as well as energizing and optimistic pairings,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute.
- Flame Scarlet– burning bright, Flame Scarlet exudes confidence and determination. Good for gals with dark skin, dark hair or people with warm skin tones.
- Pungent Saffron adds a flavorful brilliance to the palette. Great on redheads, brunettes. Not so much on blondes or gals with gray hair. This is a color that works best in small amounts.
- Coral Pink wraps you up in a warm and welcoming embrace. Good on most, but difficult for pink complexions.
- Classic Blue A boundless blue hue, Classic Blue is evocative of the vast and infinite evening sky opening us up to a world of possibilities. My favorite and good on just about everyone.
- Biscay Green is connected to cleansing waters, Biscay Green cools and refreshes. This really is good on everyone.
- A savory herbal green, Chive imparts a healthy and restorative harmony. Great on ladies with green eyes, blondes or brunettes. Terrible on gals with sallow or olive complexions.
- Faded Denim, a relatable and dependable blue conveys comfort and ease. Fabulous on ladies with blue eyes. Not so good on sallow or dark complexions.
- Piquant Orange Peel introduces a tasteful tang which means a little goes a long way. Orange means caution!
- The teal Mosaic Blue displays an air of mystique, grace and depth of feeling. This color is a dandy and flatters everyone.
- Soft Sunlight invites happiness, pleasant cheer and a smiling presence.Soft Sunlight invites happiness, pleasant cheer and a smiling presence. It also is one of the hardest colors for most to wear. Good on blondes, but can really clash with many skin tones
- Cinnamon Stick is sweet yet spicy and can look great on many. Caution should be used by those who have a lot of pink in their skin.
- GrapeCompote is a composite of mysterious and mellow purple shades. This color is another winner and can be worn by most.
It’s fun to search for these colors and find combinations of the colors in the spring collections. Once you are aware, you will see the colors everywhere.
What’s your favorite?