WARDROBE TIPS FOR THE NEW YEAR
I always like to think about changing up my winter wardrobe once the calendar flips to January. Fall colors don’t seem right and we haven’t had much of a winter so I am bored with my existing combinations. Sometimes just changing up how we combine our clothes will give our wardrobe new life.
- Refresh your look by layering like a pro: my favorite layering piece is an A’nue Ligne sleeveless tank. It provides warmth, adds no bulk and finishes even a simple outfit combination.
- Focus on footwear and let your boots rock: Pick tall or short- all look good this season.
- Embrace faux fur: a fur collar on a sweater or coat will look stylish and keep you warm.
- Dig out your scarves: if your neck is warm the rest of you will be too.
- Think pastels for something different: I love the pinks and light blues for a fresh alternative to black. There are so many to choose from this season
- Experiment with different styles of jeans: colored jeans are fun and the wider width is a nice alternative to super skinny legs.
- Be mad for plaid: a plaid shirt or neck wrap looks modern and relives an all solid look.
- Put your best vest forward: quilted, long and sleek or short and boxy look good on just about everyone
- Chunky sweaters with cables look new again: cables add texture and change up a plain pullover sweater.
- Find a statement coat: bright colors, interesting designs and textures can help to cheer you up on gloomy winter days.