Fight the Winter Wardrobe Blahs
- Multicolored scarves will always brighten any winter coat and help to make the “same old” sweater look different.
- Patterned tights, leggings or boot socks can really give your wardrobe a more creative look. Wear them with a tunic top or a sweater dress.
- Consider adding a colorful pair of boots to your shoe wardrobe. The color maroon is very fashionable and works well with most colors.
- Add color in a blazer or sweater. A colorful addition to your wardrobe will change up your worn black or brown pants. Teal, malachite, red & royal blue are the go to colors this season.Buy new underwear- it’s on sale and nothing makes you feel more special than when you are wearing pretty undies. Conversely, nothing makes you feel more sad than old, ripped or stretched out underwear.
- Re-think your jewelry. A statement necklace can change up your day look, or bring out your pearls and wear them with your jeans. My favorite “trick” is to combine two different necklaces in the same color family. It is the unexpected that energizes our psyches.
- Make sure your clothes fit. Hiding behind baggy, ill-fitting garments makes you look sloppy- not thin. Nothing is better than jeans that fit and flatter your “assets”.
- Take advantage of the January sales and treat yourself to a little luxury at a reduced price. Buy something special that makes you feel glamorous.
- Finally, black is a wardrobe staple, but wearing it close to winter pale skin can create a harsh contrast that can age and emphasize wrinkles. A pop of color in a scarf or a necklace will lessen the washed-out effect.