Fun Makeup Tricks
Everyone has a few special tricks for applying makeup. Here are a few of ours.
- When applying blush, smile and then apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks. Pucker up for bronzer and swipe it underneath your cheekbones.
- Use a Tinkle/Twinkle to get rid of unwanted facial hair. They are not expensive, will get rid of those chin hairs, and the use of a Tinkle will exfoliate your skin.
- Eyeliner looks the neatest when applied beneath the eyelashes (on the underside).
- When you outline your lips try drawing an “x” at the center of your top lip to create a perfect Cupid’s bow. Then fill in your lips.
- Use a dot of blush below the outer corner of your eye to minimize dark circles.
- Good brushes are your best friend- they help you distribute makeup evenly and in the places you want.
- For best results, apply foundation on skin straight after the shower. Concentrate the foundation on the center of your face and then blend downward. Always work in the direction that your facial hair grows. Never use a foundation that is darker than your skin. Get flawless results and waste less product if you press foundation into your skin with a brush or sponge.
- Primers are life savers. Use under eye shadow, lipstick and foundation. Your makeup will look smoother and more finished.
- Brush eyebrows up to open your eye area.
- If you like to stock up on makeup products, store your extras in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh and won’t go rancid.
- Style your hair before putting on makeup. The heat from the dryer can smudge mascara, melt foundation and clog pores.