We are going to be seeing a lot of this color. The color specialists at Pantone have chosen marsala as the color of 2015. Marsala is a rich reddish brown, sort of a raisin color that will be found everywhere- from clothing to appliances.
- Marsala suits almost everyone. Because of the brown/burgundy base it suits most skin tones and works works well for both men and women. It will be prevalent in both the spring and fall collections.
- It is a great color for shoes and hand bags.
- Think about it for glasses frames- how fun would that be
- Marsala combines well with white, black or grey.
- It also looks great when combined with teal, burnt orange, yellow and lime green
- There will be flower prints with shades of marsala
- Nail color, lipstick and even eye makeup will be “marsalaized”.
- “It has an organic and sophisticated air,” says Leatrice Wiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
- The color will look great in the 70’s fashions that are in the spring lines.