MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST
It’s easy to let summer pass in a blur and not have many memories to cherish come fall. I remember my mom commenting that once the 4th of July passed it seemed that the summer was over. Not so fast! This year I am listing my intentions and making time to enjoy this wonderful season and create some lasting memories. I’ve got my list ready: some easy, some will take a little more planning.
- Roll down the window on my morning drive to the store. (I wonder if it will be as fun as it was when I was a kid.)
- Wear polka dot pants.
- Visit my local farmer’s market and gear my meals by what is fresh and abundant and savor the flavors.
- Channel my mom and make a fresh Palisade, Colorado peach pie.
- Attend a concert at Red Rocks… I’m thinking Lionel Ritchie or The Piano guys
- Pursue my inner bookworm, but read one classic and one non-fiction.
- Wear some cork earrings shaped like feathers.
- Watch Long Hot Summer– could Paul Newman be more splendid?
- Take my granddaughters to a play in New York City.
- Wear linen and not mind that it’s wrinkled.
- Eat as many meals outside as possible.
- Work on my closet- by July I should have worn most of my clothes. The ones I haven’t, need to be edited.
- Freshen my summer wardrobe with some new tee-shirts.
- Wear colorful, comfortable tennis shoes.
- Hike a new trail, go on a bike ride, practice my shoulder stand in Yoga
- Go bowling (I’m not sure where that came from, but it sounds fun).
- Cherish and spend time with the peeps in my life.
- Travel to a new location: travel replenishes and renews.
- Learn to accept my swimsuit body (OMG).
- Be present in the moment and not check my phone every 10 minutes.
- My motto will be, “Be sure not to fizzle when the summer starts to sizzle”.
What are your intentions? What are your stories- I’d love to hear.