MY TOP 10 WINTER SKIN SURVIVAL TIPS
Taking care of your skin is a challenge in winter. Freezing temperatures and drying heat can wreck havoc on all skin types. I have found some tried and true products that are all available at the grocery store, drug store or on Amazon. Refresh your routine for winter with some of these tips.
- Protect your skin from the elements with gloves and a scarf. Don’t forget sunscreen. Winter sun can be just as damaging as the summer sun.
- Ramp up your intake of fluids and drink lots of water. Eight 8- once glasses ever day is recommended for everyone.
- Lemon water: squeeze a lemon into your morning glass of water. Lemon water is good for many reasons, but the vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
- Collagen supplements: collagen is a major component of your skin and taking a supplement has really helped my skin’s elasticity. There are many ways to take collagen: powders, capsules or drinkable bone broth. I mix mine in my lemon water.
- Humidifiers (especially in the bedroom) maximize moisture and help to prevent dry skin.
- Limit shower time and temperature. Hot water is harsh and drying.
- I apply sweet almond oil (Amazon) on my wet skin after I have finished my shower. It moisturizes and keeps my skin from flaking.
- Aquafour is a multi purpose ointment that helps moisturize skin. I use it on my lips and rub some on my feet before bed to prevent my heels from “cracking”.
- Amlactin daily moisturizing lotion is my go-to. The 12% alpha hydroxy acid exfoliates dead skin and promotes new cell growth.
- Add a few drops of hyaluronic acid to your moisturizer. I like Cosmetica Skincare serum. Hyaluronic acid can improve skin texture and brightness.