Refresh & Revitalize Your Makeup
Makeup colors and application methods change after a certain age. Colors and products that used to be our favorites, now seem to make us look tired and pale. Makeup colors need to be updated and application methods need to be tweaked
- Start with a makeup primer and then use a good lightweight foundation, applied sparingly. “Makeup doesn’t cover wrinkles,” says makeup artist Sandy Linter. “Don’t try to actually hide anything. Just work with it,” she advises. “If you do your makeup beautifully and appropriately for your age, you’ll look great.”
- Use makeup daily- you don’t want to layer it on or go completely bare. Says Linter, “Makeup has a softening, glowing effect on the face.”
- Use a concealer on the under-eye circles and apply the product with a concealer brush. Apply a little moisturizer with the same brush over the concealer for a smoother, more blended look. Do not put light concealer on under-eye bags. Try a concealer that is one shade that is slightly darker than your normal skin tone.
- Use an eye shadow primer on your upper lid so that your eye shadow will adhere (and not get goopy) and the redness on the lid will be covered. Your eyes will look brighter.
- Line the underside of your top lashes with a jet black pencil. This trick pops your eyes and doesn’t make the top lash line look messy. Confused? We will show you how. . .
- Curl lashes and use black mascara- this opens the eyes and defines the lashes.
- Use a dab of blush on the apple of your cheeks directly below the pupils of the eyes and blend up toward your hairline. Crème blush is easy to apply and not as aging as powdered.
- Use a bronzer across your cheekbones, and then across your hairline.
- Prime the lips with a lip primer (prevents “bleeding”), line with a nude pencil and use a coral based lipstick. Too dark of a shade is aging. Top lipstick with a “non-bleeding” lip gloss.
- Finally, thicken brows with a pencil or brow definer in a color close to your hair color. Thin, patchy brows age you. Finish your brows with Brow set.