Seasonal Shifts Inspire A New Outlook
Whether you are the gal who can’t wait for cooler temperatures or someone who mourns the end of summer, the beginning of fall signals happiness at NPR. Fall is the “big show”. It is the beginning of the fashion year, when all is fresh and possible. The NPR crew is excited to embrace the new colors, styles and accessories- we are ready for a different point of view. What will you be wearing?
One big shift in fashion this season is the abundance of wardrobe changing accessories. Accessories are a quick and often thrifty way to update and freshen your current wardrobe. Here are the top picks. (adapted from the WSJ. Five)
- The boot: slouchy, low or mid-heel. Can be dressy or casual. This is a great look for gals who have either thin or thick calves.
- The bag: clutches are the look for handbags. They are handy and can fit in a tote (if you need more storage). Look for fringe.
- The necklace: bold, chunky, tasseled and eye catching- short or long works.
- The scarf: fall is just not fall without scarves. The newest look in scarves are those with an abundance of fringe.
- Earrings: the look is definitely larger and in gold.
For clothing we have seen a lot of clothing with fringe, menswear and military influences, white blouses, ruffles on everything, animal prints, cashmere wraps and wrap coats, angled necklines, floral prints and the color red. What’s your favorite?