DOUBLE-CLUTCH SOLUTIONS TO EASY DRESSING
I know that my day will always be smoother if I can get ready quickly, am happy with my clothing choices and feel prepared for the day. I also want to know that when I add a new item it is going to expand and compliment what I have and not become an orphan. I also want to know that the new item is going to freshen what I have, not be more of the same. I want to banish clothing anxiety.
- I love sweaters with the built in shirts. The one I have on is from Tyler Boe. Anything that is built in works for me.
- Simple designs– classic, tailored basics that fit well are key. Everyone needs good black pants. You can be dressy or casual.
- Gray jeans– gray jeans are perfect because they are casual, but look more finished than denim.
- Narrow legs– wide pants are becoming more fashionable, but for a sleek and versatile look, narrow legs are better.
- Ready to go accessories. As simple as this sounds, buy your accessories in the color you wear most. I am surprised by how many scarfs I have collected in colors that I don’t wear much. (I guess it’s time to edit)
- White (or cream) blouses, tanks and tees in good repair. This is a simple look that always looks crisp.
- Handbags that matches your dominant color. It is always tempting to buy handbags that match outfits, but a morning deal breaker is to have to switch out a purse.
- Shoes that I can wear and be comfortable in all day. Your feet change and you need to change up your shoes. The hip tennis shoes are a gift this spring. Look for rubber soles.
- Pops of color in pants or tops. All neutral colors can be boring- shake it up.
- Stripes look crisp and fresh- everyone can wear them.
- Long cardigans make simple outfits look special
- Finally… FIT… our bodies change throughout our lives and it is important that we continue to find shapes and silhouettes that flatter and enhance our curves… Barbie’s waist even got a little bigger…