Many of the samples that we carry at NPR don’t have laundry care labels and we are constantly being asked how to take care of the garment. Here are a few tried and true tips that will help keep your clothes fresh and extend the life.
- Wash clothing inside out.
- Go easy on detergent- use less than the recommended amount. Look for detergents without added “boosters”. I also look for clear detergent. The blue color sometimes stains your clothes if poured directly on the fabric.
- Use the delicate cycle with cold water- use this cycle for everything but sheets and towels.
- After washing, dry the clothes for maybe 5 minutes (just enough to get the fibers warm). The heat will relax the wrinkles and soften the fabric.
- Take out and hang or dry flat.
- Do not wander off or get distracted during this step- the key is not to dry, but to warm.