Belts are a great accessory and can add pizazz to almost any outfit, but many gals are belt “phobic”. They fear that the belt will “cut them in two” or will emphasize a thick waist. I have found that wearing the right belt will have the opposite effect.
- For a thicker waist: wear elastic, chain or contour belt. Arrange the belt over your thickest part and add a cardigan or a vest. The parallel lines of the cardigan give you instant slimness.
- Wide, straight belts work well on slim waists. If you have a slim waist, but proportionately larger hips, wear chain or asymmetrical “bandolier style” belts.
- Regardless of your waist size, do not fasten the belt tightly or wear a belt that is too small.
- Belts that match your hair color are always useful.
- Belts in contrasting colors create visual interest.