Trendspotting in Paris
Spring 2014 Style Trends:
• Patterned jeans combined with a basic top; think party on the bottom, business on the top
• Graphic designs – Hawaiian “postcard” prints, florals, batiks
• Black and white in clothing and accessories
• Radiant orchid is the “get happy” color of the spring both here and in Paris. Not your personal favorite? Look for the color in eye catching iridescent jewelry – a sure way to jazz up the simplest of outfits.
• Cut-outs, perforations & mesh overlay – a design detail that can be found in clothing and accessories
• Crop tops- seriously, but before you scream, think of it as a layering silhouette. Add a longer tank top and wear the new look with high-waisted slim pants and a short jean jacket. The big advantage of this silhouette is that it visually lengthens the legs.
• Feminine sheer fabrics that drape and flow with visible underwear showing underneath and collars that look like soft ruffles
• Unexpected touches of decoration, details or accessories-the look this season is not austere
• Dresses of all types and the return of the pantsuit
• Gladiator sandals still rule but low heeled pumps, heels with ankle straps and mules are gaining.
• Hipster belt bag- think belt bag instead of “fanny packs”. Don’t laugh- these bags transcend mere trendiness and are functional and hands-free. They’re a perfect accessory for spring and summer activities.
• Scarves, scarves and more scarves wrapped around necks, waists or handbags