WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR THIS FALL? TOP TRENDS AND COLORS
I have always happily anticipated the fall/winter fashion season. Exploring both the new colors and styles and then figuring out which looks will have traction and be worn gives me great joy. This year has definitely been different, but the world’s designers have created some wonderful styles using both familiar and unique colors. The best thing about this season’s trends is that you probably already have quite a few of them in your closet. Let’s take a look:
- The new look in belts is to wear them over jacket or coat. They can be wide or narrow and probably looks best on fabric that is drapey and not bulky.
- Chunky chains in belts and necklaces will be an easy trend to wear. Think about what you have and how you can combine them Oh, how I wish I had my two chain belts (and the waist) that I wore daily in the 70’s.
- Capes and ponchos look great on everyone and are perfect to give a little umph to casual clothing.
- Checks and plaids. Channel either your Catholic school uniform or your inner lumberjack.
- Fringe is another back to the future detail that might be lurking in the back of your closet. Too much fringe is distracting, but a little on a handbag or sweater can be fun.
- Pencil skirts and skirted suits flatter most and are an easy way to up your style.
- Statement collars– I think this trend will really take off because of all the Zoom meetings. The collar frames your face and is flattering.
- Vests are great for everyone. Whatever your choice- sweater, fur or knit- a vest will up your style.
- The color red in some shade can be worn by everyone and will definitely add some pop to your wardrobe.
- Faux leather looks great in jackets, skinny pants or gauchos. A little plethora trim can make an ordinary design look special.
Have fun figuring out what design or looks you are ready to embrace. For the most part, this year’s styles are pretty accessible.